1. What did you show at the recent edition of Strangelove Festival this March?
Our video GIRLHOOD, a story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a girl named Clancy, who literally grows up on screen before our eyes. The sound work LIPS, a tale of a girl struggling with the desire to have bigger lips. And the sound work AWESOME, about a girl rumored to be dead, but isn’t.
Screened in ‘A GOTH LIFE’ curated by David Gryn, Director of Daata Editions.
2. What mediums do you work with?
Painting, video, installation, sculpture.
3. How do you know when you have completed a work?
A gut feeling we have between the three of us.
4. How important is the presentation of your work and viewer engagement?
It’s interesting to us to experiment with different ways of presentation each time we show video work.
5. If you could choose to show your artwork in a non traditional art setting, where would that be?
At the Denny’s on Howell Avenue in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
6. With the increasing evolution of technology, where do you see film in the next ten years?
Binge watching Netflix series in virtual reality in your autonomous car.
7. If you could create a time based arts compilation, what would be on it?
A compilation of fights where bullies get knocked the f’ out, karma is a bitch.
Leo Gabin is a collective (consisting of Lieven Deconinck, Gaëtan Begerem, and Robin De Vooght). View their profile via https://daata-editions.com/artists/leo-gabin
For more information on StrangeLove Festival and what they will be presenting this year, stay tuned via www.strangelovefestival.com