Probably the art fair most suited for online Daata Fair, an art fair dedicated to showcasing the best of international contemporary video and digital art. Daata Fair Miami went live on December 1st and runs until Sunday 13th December 2020.
We managed to get artists and co-founders of Quench, a new project space and gallery Lindsey Mendick & Guy Oliver to recommend 5 works to view:
5. Zina Saro-Wiwa presented by Tiwani Contemporary- Table Manners: Bush Tales, 2018
4. Trulee Hall presented by Maccarone – Tongues Duel the Corn Whores, An Opera, 2020
3. Manuel Solano presented by PERES PROJECTS – La Patita, 2020
2. Larry Achiampong presented by Copperfield – The Expulsion, 2019
1. Jibade-Khalil Huffman presented by Magenta Plains Black Twitter in the Hour of Chaos, 2018
Lindsey and Guy are artists, lovers and co-founders of Quench, a new project space and gallery in Margate, Kent, opening in 2021, with the aim of giving artists and curators an opportunity to develop new work and put on exhibitions in our space. It is a not-for-profit venture and all possible art sales will go directly to the artists. For more information for how to support our Crowdfunder campaign, follow us on Instagram @quenchgallery.
Lindsey Mendick graduated from the Royal College of Art, MA Sculpture in 2017. She has exhibited extensively, with solo shows at CCA Goldsmiths, Eastside Projects, Space, Ilford, Castor Projects, Hannah Barry Gallery, Vitrine and The Zabludowicz Collection. She has also recently been selected for the Future Generations Art Prize.
Guy Oliver graduated from The Royal College of Art, MA Painting, 2015. He has worked with a number of galleries and institutions including The Zabludowicz Collection, Space, London, Jerwood Space, Chalton Gallery, J Hammond Projects and OUTPOST, Norwich. In 2019 he was the recipient of the Jerwood/Film and Video Umbrella Film Award 2020.