Tabish Khan brings you five art exhibitions in London that you should visit during the week. Each one comes with a concise review to help you decide whether it’s for you.
1. Turn Me On: European and Latin American Kinetic Art @ Christie’s Mayfair
An astounding variety of kinetic art from the subtle to the bold, and from the energetic to the discomfiting.
2. … all silent except for the buzzing … @ Royal College of Art
Big names such as John Stezaker, Laure Provost and John Cage provide works for this challenging exhibition including some stimulating audio art.
3. Phoebe Boswell @ Carroll / Fletcher
Head downstairs for Phoebe Boswell’s recollection of her childhood through a busy installation filled with everything from crumbling sculptures to colonial furniture
4. Viennese season: Actionism & Feminism @ Richard Saltoun
Powerful imagery using blood and animal carcasses leaves a lasting impact on the viewer.
5. La fine di Dio @ Gagosian, Davies Street
Lucio Fontana and Maurizio Cattelan combine in a humorous take on art as a child Hitler kneels in front of a Fontana canvas.