1. Mark Jenkins: Moment of Impact @ Lazarides
An eye-catching and thought provoking take on assumptions with balaclava clad children and arms extending out of canvases.
2. Paul Wright – Head Strong @ Thompson’s
The fantastically energetic portrait painter returns with a new set of works but this time the landscapes and the monochrome portraits are the highlights.
3. Landscape Photographer of the Year @ Waterloo station, Mezzanine
A change of venue hasn’t helped this competition and the usual high quality has taken a little dip. Even so, there are still some breathtaking photographs to see.
4. Jannis Kounellis @ Sprovieri
It’s hard not to be engaged when you’re warned about sharp objects before you enter an exhibition. This attack on the bourgeoisie may not fully land its message but its hard to forget coats pierced by knives.
5. We never dream alone @ Kristin Hjellegjerde
This group show will definitely turn heads as the installation piece by Lisa Slominski covers the walls and a chandelier hangs from the ceiling.