Tabish Khan brings you five art exhibitions in London that you should visit during the week. Each one comes with a concise review to help you decide whether it’s for you.
1. Ben Johnson @ Alan Cristea
Remarkable photorealistic grand scale architectural paintings of luxuriant interiors
2. Archaeologies @ Griffin Gallery
An impressive group show with Suzanne Moxhay and Vasilis Avramidis starring with their surreal and post-apocalyptic viasions
3. Stephen Wilkes: Day to Night @ Rook & Raven
Impressive photo collages that show cities during the day and at night, in the same photograph.
4. Kelvin Okafor: Portraits @ Albemarle Gallery
More photorealistic drawings of celebrities and others by this talented young artist.
5. Eric Yahnker: Sticks and Drones @ Paradise Row
The artist tackles tacky commercialism in the US with humorous outputs.