Tabish Khan brings you five art exhibitions in London that you should visit during the week. Each one comes with a concise review to help you decide whether it’s for you.
1. Derek Jarman: Black Paintings @ Wilkinson
Found objects including teeth and seeds create little pockets of darkness that draw you in.
2. Five Painters @ Albemarle Gallery
Five photorealistic painters capturing everything from food to nudes.
3. Mike Moore & Lee Craker @ Imperial War Museum
Powerful photography from the war in Iraq
4. Thilo Heinzmann: The Belle Show @ Carl Freedman
Simple and massive works show the beauty of negative space in abstraction
5. Stephen Shore: Something + Nothing @ Sprüth Magers
Photographing the ordinary and the non-events to great effect.
- Albemarle Gallery
- art news
- black paintings
- Carl Freedman
- Derek Jarman
- erik nieminen
- free art
- imperial was museum
- lee craker
- luciano ventrone
- luigi benidicenti
- mike moore
- ralf arzt
- Sprueth Magers
- Sprüth Magers
- stephen shore
- Tabish Khan
- Thilo Heinzmann
- thom boekhoven
- top 5
- vyner st