Tabish Khan brings you five art exhibitions in London that you should visit during the week. Each one comes with a concise review to help you decide whether it’s for you.
1. Katharine Morling: Shifting Perspectives @ Long & Ryle
Spectacular porcelain art that is remarkably detailed and delicate – from butterflies to tape measures.
2. Jackie Nickerson: Terrain @ Brancolini Grimaldi
Concealed photographic portraits force the viewer to develop a narrative from what they can see.
3. Contemporary Visions IV @ Beers Contemporary
An impressive group show of emerging artists includes a meditative video by Elisabetta Falanga of butterflies flying around an empty room.
4. Matt Johnson @ Alison Jacques
Innovative use of materials including a striking baby dinosaur, towering over visitors yet never threatening.
5. Photography: With a conscious eye @ Osborne Samuel
Includes colourful and insightful images of life in India and Pakistan by Nick Danziger