Toasters Everywhere Film Premier at Village Underground Tuesday 24th January 2012
Everywhere Trailer 2 from Toasters on Vimeo.
Over the past 13 years 3 people have placed their Toaster image’s throughout the world.
It has become a familiar sign on our streets appearing on stickers, on posters, as stencils and as huge murals. Although pioneers of the street art movement, the Toasters’ iconic symbol has also gatecrashed many a music festival, football stadium and cricket ground across the globe, appearing on banners and flags.
Their film ‘Everywhere’ documents the work of the Toasters, looking back to the days before the term ‘street art’ had been conceived. It shows the execution of some of their most recognisable work and gauges reaction from their peers and observers. The first ever screening of ‘Everywhere’ is at Village Underground and to celebrate the event the Toasters are producing 30 hand painted popcorn boxes. Each will be signed and will be given to the first 30 people in the queue before the doors open at 7pm. Admission is free.
- New Ai Weiwei exhibition Zodiac Ai Weiwei, Zodiac (2018), LEGO bricks mounted on aluminium, 75 x 75 inches (190 x 190 cm); ©? Ai Weiwei;…
- Artist Shahzia Sikander creates major new multi-media artwork for New York Artist Shahzia Sikander has created a major new work on the theme of justice for a multimedia exhibition, Havah… to breathe,…
- LUMA: 20 international artists & designers in collaboration across 8,000 sqft. LUMA, is a monumental collaborative exhibition in the heart of London, bringing together art, design, architecture and music around AORA’s…
- The Wild Escape, the largest collaboration between UK museums ever. Launched today by Art Fund, The Wild Escape is the largest collaboration between the UK’s museums ever.
- The Top 5 exhibitions to see in late January Tabish Khan the @LondonArtCritic picks his favourite Top 5 Art Exhibitions to see in London right now.
- Saatchi Yates open 10,000 sqft space with Omar El Lahib solo exhibition. Saatchi Yates to open a brand new 10,000 sqft gallery space at the heart of St James with a solo…