No home is truly complete without something to make it look pretty. Once you’ve done the interior design and installed your furniture, you need to look at the bare walls and decide what artwork should go up in place.
The problem is that trying to find the right type of artwork is not always easy. There are so many different types of art out there, and it can define you as a homeowner. Your personality, your style, your tastes – it all comes under consideration when you are choosing the artwork you want for your home. You can choose to bring on an art consultancy to help you if you really can’t decide, but the thing to remember is that this is an investment. No matter how you come to choose a piece of artwork, make sure you’re spending your money on something that you actually like! So, let’s check out five tips for choosing the right artwork for your home.
- If you are choosing artwork for the kitchen, you would be in the minority. Many people forget that the kitchen is a perfectly legitimate place to have art looking fantastic, and when you choose the right piece, you can really enhance the space and not overwhelm it too much. Find some social prints that make you smile: this is a communal area!
- When it comes to picking artwork for the bedroom, you may choose to go for something calming in the form of a mural. Having a large piece over the bed in soothing colours will create a relaxing space you need for a good night of sleep.
- Sometimes, artwork can extend to the office and not just remain in the home. Office artwork needs to impress clients, personalise the space and make you feel inspired at the same time. Speaking to an art consultant to choose the right pictures and artwork for the office would be a good idea, as they can help you to make the vision that you have for your workspace come to life.
- Bathroom artwork is not very common, similar to the kitchen artwork. However, bathroom artwork is something that should be looked at. Master bathrooms often benefit when they look serene and calm. Abstract artwork or themed pieces that sit in prominent places will make your bathroom stand out among the rest. When you invest in the right art, you’ll instantly enhance the look of the room and transform it into a place you want to be.
- The living room is the most popular place for artwork in the home, and you can provoke interesting conversation and discussion when you choose the right pieces in the main room of the home. You don’t have to stick with the standard framed artwork, either. You can invest in murals, spend money on statues and even go for a painted piece directly on the walls. Look beyond the regular artwork pieces you find and you’ll find something that really suits you!